Sunday, December 05, 2004


Magneta Lane - The Constant Lover
Buy The Constant Lover

Magneta Lane is a Canadian all-girl group consisting of Lexi Valentine on vocals and guitars, Nadia King on drums, and French on bass. The group hasn't been at it that long. They formed in the fall of 2003, played some shows, and got signed to Paper Bag Records. Their influences include Sonic Youth, The Velvet Underground, The Kinks, and Nancy Sinatra. I think they sound like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, which is probably why I really enjoyed The Constant Lover. In a genre that is overfilled with pretentious, boring music, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs stuff stood out to me when I first heard it. Magneta Lane's music stands out to me in that same way. The songs are just the right length with interesting lyrics and catchy guitar riffs. I highly recommend picking up Magneta Lane's debut ep, The Constant Lover on Paper Bag Records.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home