Wednesday, December 08, 2004


DJ Signify - Cup of Regret (featuring Sage Francis)
Buy Sleep No More

Hello, everyone. Sorry about the lack of posts for the last couple of days, but I've been trying to finish everything up for the semester. However, I'm done now and ready to get some music out there. For the next few days I'm going to be posting what I felt was some of the best music of this past year.

I'm starting with DJ Signify. In April, he released his debut album Sleep No More on Lex Records. The album is supposed to play out like the soundtrack to a non-existant horror movie, which it does perfectly. The music is brooding and dark. The combination of Signify's moody backrops with vocalists like Buck 65 and Sage Francis just adds to the feel. Sleep No More was one of the best releases of this past year and a real treat for fans (like me) of Sage and Buck, in a year when neither of them released a proper album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home